The New Year is the perfect time for assessing your current lifestyle, setting goals, and structuring a plan for success. Whether you want to make a few small changes or want a complete life overhaul, if you are ready to make 2015 the best year yet, we at Nuvia are ready to help.
Change is not easy, but even making a few small adjustments can change your life profoundly. Consider implementing these changes in your life for a healthier you.
- Swap out high calorie and high sugar drinks for water. According to Harvard School of Public Health’s Nutrition Source, sugary drinks are a major contributor to obesity and increase the risk of Type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Even juice and sports drinks are filled with sugar. Switch to water for a healthier option.
- Eat More fruits and vegetables. Diets come and go, but one thing remains the same; in recommended amounts, fruit and vegetables are great for your body. Try replacing things like French fries and other high fat sides with dark leafy greens and sugary snacks with fruit.
- Get more exercise. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends 2 ½ hours of brisk walking per week Not only does it help you physically, walking is a great stress reliever and mood enhancer.
- Quit unhealthy vices. Quitting any habit is not easy, but begin today to take steps to rid yourself of all unhealthy habits. Every small step is one in the right direction, and one that will improve your health.
- Get enough sleep. Proper sleep is vital to your health, well being, and productivity. With proper sleep, you can make better decisions in all aspects of your life, be better prepared for work, and give your body what it needs to stay healthy.
Even simple changes can led to monumental improvements in your health. Make the change today.